Greetings from South Texas where we are now enjoying some dry cooler air and I love it. My walk was so enjoyable compared to yesterday when the Humidity was so high! I am slowly catching up on the ‘mundane’ things like updating my Blog and doing this post! Maybe you will see something that sparks an interest for your quilt making projects.
I have been working on reviewing a stack of quilt patterns to work on in the next 2 years (yes I decided that if I chose them now and say 2 years I am ahead of the game) so that I do not feel I have to finish them all (which would be impossible). Here is what I started with and ended with:
Organized and Ready to Go
Now for the 2019-2020 “List”. I have no time frame for finishing the list just hoping to finish all by the end of 2020. As I studied each pattern I labeled it from an Easy to Complex quilt. This allows me to easily pick out what I want to work on at the time – NO THINKING or INTENSE WORK!
1. Enduring Love by Carol Hopkins book Vintage Legacies. Easy. About a week (I want to remake the borders on this quilt)
2. Make 2 baby quilts – Use Jewel Box Quilt book by Eleanor Burns Easy 2 Weeks.
3. Stonefields – Complete Sections 6 through 10 Rest of the year Easy
4. Feather Star Quilt – Marsha McCloskey – Challenge Quilt: Blue and White Star of Chamble. Fabric is in the drawer by the design board. Plan on a month!
5. Bear Mountain Cabin – Intermediate – Log Cabins, Flying Geese and Bear Paw blocks.
6. Love Warm by Pam Buda – Easy Lots of 2″ squares Scrappy Quilt –
7. Infinity by Eileen Wright in Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts – Red and a Teal One! Maybe Nebula from the same book Intermediate – New Technique
8. Terracina Fabrics – a Panel Play quilt! Will take some up front time for placement and fillers. Use Panel Play by Barbara Becker for ideas on the setting – A fun project Easy
9. Ancient Stars – Sue Garman Requires Lots of Stars and HSTs – Need to decide if I am going to do it all at once, or space it out like a BOM. This quilt requires at least a month or more to make. Intermediate
10. Double Wedding Ring by Sharlene Jorgensen – Templates provided. Intermediate/Advance – At least a month.
11. Lynn Wilder Patterns – Lynns patterns are great and instructions excellent! I will pick one and maybe the wall hanging! Time consuming due to colorway selections.
The House on Edgewood Lane Intermediate/Advance
Country Sunshine Intermediate/Advance
Country Charmer Intermediate/Advance
Cute as a Button 31 x 31. Easy
12. Star Dance by Jilly Studio – some applique on the border. Easy
13. Eagle – Cheryl Phillips – Challenge Quilt – Circular quilt – New Technique
14. Liberty Homestead. 36 x 36 Wall Hanging – Easy and Fun pattern. About 2 weeks Purchased hand dyed fabrics from Liberty Homestead in March 2018 at the Dallas Show
15. With This Ring – Linda Ballard – 9” blocks! Easy Pattern – About a week or so. (Also known as Cog Wheels Block)
16. Boston Commons – Heritage Quilts – New Technique 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks
17. Karen Combs Illusions and 3-D Fun with Pandora’s Box – New Technique – 3 weeks
18. Jelly Roll Book – Both Sides of the Pond. Unique Block Easy Fun to make 2 weeks
A Bountiful Life UFO from 2015
Dresden Plate UFO from 2018
New Appliqué Projects: Sue Garman’s – Maybe in 2020
Mama Said – Advance Applique
Yuletide Joy – Intermediate/Easy
Blue Delft – I will download this pattern for a future project.
Capital “T” BOM – 1 Block a Month! This is my only BOM to work on each month!
If I participate in So Scrappy RSC 2019 Challenge this year, I will be using their colors With This Ring pattern (See Number 15 on the list above)
My Goals for January are:
Capital “T” BOM – 1 Block a Month! I am behind 3 months and plan on getting caught up today!
Baby Quilts for my Cousin’s great grand babies Addison and Brooklyn!
Remake the borders for Enduring Love (a 2015 quilt that I had given up on the Star Borders)
Have a wonderful day and a great week!
Linking To: My Quilt Infatuation; Confessions of a Fabric Addict; Finished or Not Friday ; Sew Can She; Em’s Scrap Bag; BOM’s Away; Fiber Tuesday; Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHOW; Sew Fresh Quilts; Crazy Mom Quilts; Oh Scrap; Scrap Happy Saturday; Show and Tell Monday with Bambi; Quilt Fabrication