Well, don’t fall off your chair, but I am working only To Do Tuesday post today (Monday)! I have some completions to show and am so happy as I am getting closer and closer to finishing all the “old” UFOs that have been around as long as 10 years! YEA!
Last Thursday I had my Radio Frequency Treatment and it was very successful. I did lose a couple of days with my quilting but feeling great since Sunday! Yea!
I have listed a short recap my goals for 2021 that I had listed in January!
- Jacobean Lights – 4 blocks remaining – Completed Started in 2010!
- Stars Around the Garden Medallion – Waiting to be sewn into a quilt top.
- Dresden Heaven – Appliquéing to background blocks
- Stonefields – Finish Sections 6-10 – 60% complete. No Progress
- Celebrating Mary Brown – 2020 project on hold – Maybe in June
- A Bountiful Life – Ready to add borders this week
- OMIGOSH – Completed
- The Arrowhead Block project – Cancelled
- Sweet Stitches – Completed
- Antique Blue and White Quilt – New to work on after May
- Eleanor Burns Egg Money Quilt – New to work on after May with 1930 fabrics
- RSC Challenge 2021 – NEW – Cancelled
I have FINALLY started Dresden Heaven. I believe there are 105 mini and 10 large Dresden Plate blocks to applique to background squares. The small ones are appliqued to 5” Squares. I cut a section of the background fabric and draw a grid. This makes it much easier to applique when working with small blocks.
I am very pleased with my progress so far for the month of April. ! I have completed 3 UFO quilt tops with A Bountiful Life to be completed this week! I am FINALLY beginning to see the light at the end of the UFOs. Now to get with the long arm quilting in May! I do believe my back will support me and can possible catch up with my quilting.
My goals for 19-26 April are as listed below. I am trying to work in some BOWs and SAL just for fun.
- Work on Dresden Heaven in the evening
- Complete border for A Bountiful Life
- Start Redwork Baskets BOW – New
- Begin working on Stars Around the Garden Setting
- Start Sewialites – Starting with 2 blocks. New
- Santa Fe Trail SAL – Block 1 completed – (Blocks come out every 3 weeks) New
I will be working this week on my projects, but next week is vacation time! YIPPEE! Have a great week and will attempt to do a post from afar next week!
Have a great week and happy stitching!
Linking To: My Quilt Infatuation; Confessions of a Fabric Addict; Finished or Not Friday ; Em’s Scrap Bag; BOM’s Away; Sew Fresh Quilts; Crazy Mom Quilts; Oh Scrap; Scrap Happy Saturday; Slow Sunday Stitching Quilt Fabrication Mid Week Makers; Peacock Party; Design Wall Monday, Scrap Happy Days, Quilting Patch Linky Party To-Do-Tuesdays;PHD in 2021;
13 Replies to “To-Do Tuesday – 20 April 2021”
I am so excited for you! Your enthusiasm is contagious. How great that you are feeling better and finishing so many projects. I love Jacobean Lights! Yay for that vacay!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Linda! I think I will begin to feel better each day and not just the back! Jacobean was around here so long!!!! Time to get it done! Hug
Wowzie zowie you got it. Love it. Good job.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thx Jaydee. Glad it is finished
Who doesn’t like Dresdens…& yours are beautiful.
What a great job you have done on getting those UFOs done!
Thx Chris! I am now studying my Bountiful Life again! I need to decide to either make 6 more blocks and an applique border, OR stop at 9 blocks and do a border! But with the mini vacation coming, I think I am just going to contemplate and resume on the 1st of May on my projects. Have a great week-end coming up! and Hope all is going well.
Wow! You accomplished so much! Your Jacobean Holiday is so very pretty! I love the pattern and the colors you used! I hope you’re feeling better!
So glad your feeling better to get back to quilting
Thx Susan. Vacation time now
Nice work! Thanks for linking up at TGIFF.
I noticed that you linked up for the Santa Fe Trail sew along, but you did not leave a picture. If you want to email the picture I would be happy to share it and include you in the give away prize drawing.
We have been out of town and I forgot about taking one – will do that now!!!