Well, what can I say – it is Tuesday again and I have made some progress! YEA! The weather is nice today but we really need more rain! Life has settled down for Clay and I, well OK, for me. He has been working on modifying the new Hustler Fast Track lawn mower and checking out Termites. Today they are spraying foam into the wall were the nice Termites were making a home. Looks like it will be another 3 weeks before he will be replacing the entire wall with new siding. ME? I am now a full time quilter who needs to do a monthly house cleaning – maybe later in the week or this week-end – the mood has to hit me these days! (Really not dirty – just needs a monthly dusting)! My goals for this last week (even with the 3 days lost) are listed below.
Goals for 19-25 January 2021:
- Applique Projects: SAG Medallion and Jacobean Holidays – √. Progress on SAG – Jacobean is still in the cue!
- Cross Stitch: Start with Minnie Mouse project – √ – No comment!
- Longarm Quilting: Load a quilt and quilt it for PHD 2012 goal. √ – Not Yet – have 5 more days to complete!
- Sewing: Continue on with OMIGOSH blocks. √ – 14 Blocks Completed
- Knitting: Start on a Dish Cloth – √ Started
- Jen’s Monthly Color Challenge √
- Quilting Gails – Stay At Home Round Robin (Weekly) √
STATUS of Projects:
SAG is almost half way completed! One more Daisey and 26 more leaves to go and it will be finished – it is a mirror image of the first half!
This is the quilt that I will be loading and quilting for Gail’s PHD 2021 challenge.
OMIGOSH is halfway completed! I have decided to do a total of 30 blocks and there will be 1 to 3 borders (undecided on this) to add. I have 8 blocks already cut out and ready for sewing, and 8 more blocks to cut up and put in baggies. Then I will do some serious damage to the next 16 blocks and would love to be finished next week, but don’t hold your breath because I must get a quilt completed by Sunday!
I did start a dish cloth but not a lot of progress yet.
Jen’s 2021 Monthly Color Challenge Blocks. I am making the 6″ blocks for this year’s challenge (2 each) and catching up with 2020 challenge that I was unable to do. These blocks are simple and very easy and are fun to do between driving myself nuts with OMIGOSH blocks!
Stay At Home Round Robin. I am working on 2 different Round Robins. This one will hopefully be a full quilt using all (with some exceptions) of the borders given. For this week, I am thinking that I am going to change the 2nd border.
I made this Feathered Star in or around 2013. I have studied it to see if I could make a full size quilt with it, but do not believe that it will do the Star justice, so I will do a piano key border and make it a nice wall hanging.
Goals for 26 January – 1 February 2021:
- Applique Projects:
- SAG Medallion – Continue on with the 2nd half
- Jacobean Holidays – 4 Blocks remaining
- Cross Stitch: Minnie Mouse project
- Longarm Quilting: Load a quilt and quilt it for PHD 2012 goal.
- Sewing: Continue on with OMIGOSH blocks.
- Knitting: Continue on Dish Cloth
- Stay At Home Round Robin (Weekly)
- Complete Round 2 for Kay’s Quilt (Sashiko Medallion)
- Feathered Star Wall Hanging
- Cut 10″ squares for The Arrowhead Block as I need to put the 4′ table away I can put the fabric back in the stash bin and out of the way!
- Applique Projects:
We all know that it is a pipe dream to have all the above done by next week, but I will be working on my projects full time now so there is hope! Appears that all unforeseen requirements are out of the way for now. Have a wonderful week!
Linking To: My Quilt Infatuation; Confessions of a Fabric Addict; Finished or Not Friday ; Em’s Scrap Bag; BOM’s Away; Sew Fresh Quilts; Crazy Mom Quilts; Oh Scrap; Scrap Happy Saturday; Slow Sunday Stitching Quilt Fabrication Mid Week Makers; Peacock Party; Design Wall Monday, For the Love of Geese,Scrap Happy Days, Quilting Patch Linky Party To-Do-Tuesdays;PHD in 2021; Stay At Home Round Robin