What a great morning here in South Texas – Winter is here for the week – hope it stays for 6 months. We had the lowest temperatures (48) about 7 PM last night since April 2020! This morning it was 38 degrees with the chill factor. Loved it! It has been one of the longest streaks of horrible high temperatures and humidity in the last 11 years. 2009 was really bad, but the 100’s only lasted about 3 months! Glad it is over with I enjoyed my walk with only a turtleneck shirt and slacks!
These were my goals for the week of 19 through 26 October:
- Enjoy my “at home Vacation”! DONE!
- Continue on Sweet Stitches November Block. In Progress
- Work on Stonefields – Pipe Dream – hoping to get enthused again
- Depending on Vacation Mood I can either applique or do some piecing.
- OMIGOSH – No Progress
- Blue and Beige Reproduction Quilt- No Progress
- Begin Applique for Stars Around the Garden. No Progress
- Sew Mary Brown corner blocks together and cut bias strips for the vines. Progress-halfway finished
I have basically had a much better week this last week. I am on schedule for my goal to finish the stems for Celebrating Mary Brown. This is the upper right corner blocks.
And here are both top corners finished and ready to go to the “waiting room” for me to finish the rest of the quilt (no end date for that one!).
The stems really do make the block sections don’t they! I was looking at the Sunflower block. It is interesting the the flower on the lower right hand side does not have a stem!!! I just noticed it and checked the pattern. Guess we are to assume that it is behind the leaf? I think I will leave well enough alone. (Me and my critical eye!!!). LOL
My goals for the next week – 27 Oct-2 Nov will be to work on the following.
- Finish appliquéing stems on the bottom 2 corner units for Mary Brown.
- Sweet Stitches October Block.
- Work on Stonefields remaining Sections – Preparing blocks for applique and piecing blocks
- OMIGOSH Blocks (Maybe?)
- Blue and Beige Reproduction Quilt (Maybe?)
- There are 3 fee on-line BOMs that I want to do a block a week – these will be called “diversions from boredom” projects
Well, this is it for my weekly goals and am looking forward to peace and quiet, boredom sewing, and waiting for the Election to be over with and so happy about Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Bennett! A fellow Cajun!!!!
Have a wonderful week, enjoy the change in weather!
Linking To: My Quilt Infatuation; Confessions of a Fabric Addict; Finished or Not Friday ; Em’s Scrap Bag; BOM’s Away; Sew Fresh Quilts; Crazy Mom Quilts; Oh Scrap; Scrap Happy Saturday; Slow Sunday Stitching Quilt Fabrication Mid Week Makers; Peacock Party; Design Wall Monday, For the Love of Geese,Scrap Happy Days, Quilting Patch Linky Party To-Do-Tuesdays