I do believe that we can forget Fall for the month of September in South Texas. Weather forcast – Hot and Hotter! I am getting used to riding the exercise bike in the morning and it is so much better than walking in the horrible humidity and heat at 6:30 in the morning!
I have approximately 27 days before I will be having a vacation from all quilting projects (cataract surgery), so I am trying desperately attempting to get some projects either finished or prepped for applique for my on-going projects. I am hoping that setting this schedule will get me back on track from the summer time blahs with all the heat. I do believe that I have had Heat Fever (opposite of Spring Fever). I have just not been disciplined with my projects! So here goes – a One Monthly Goal for September. Clay will have his cataracts done this month, so there will be time to do a lot of hand work and I want to have things prepared
1. Happy Little Things BOM – Just need to do it!
2. Celebrating Mary Brown – Karen is leading a group of us in starting this beautiful quilt. I have had the background fabric and a huge stash of reproduction fabrics sitting around since 2016 (along with the pattern in the ‘do me next’ drawer!) so it is time! I would like to get 8 blocks prepared for applique. This will at least help me keep up with them if at all possible after surgery! (being optimistic now). This will be a long project as there are 56 + blocks to applique! The quilt is 90″ x 90″.
3. Holiday Lights table runner – This is doable as long as I continue to work on it in the evenings!
4. A Bountiful Life – I really need to get the border going on this oldie but goodie! A decision on size and setting is needed!
5. Alexander Bean Pot – Continue making blocks for this fun quilt!
Remember the blocks that I posted about on Sunday? The name of the quilt will be Texas Deer Crossing! I will work on this quilt starting in December. I love the blocks and have a setting already ready to go. Tune in after October for more information. NO I am not going into the design business, nor am I going to do patterns! This is just for fun!
Yesterday Clay and I were talking and I told him how much fun I have had in August just doing whatever I felt like doing. I think I am beginning to enjoy Retirement Relaxation after 20 years of it! But this fun attitude did not help me get more projects accomplished, but it sure was enjoyable! Now to get serious again! Summertime is over with and time to produce!
Have a great week. I will see how I do the next 16 days. I am hoping for success in my goals! We need to get these surgeries done and over with. It will be eye drop fun and games, but the outcome will be great – no more double vision and I will be able to read street signs!
Linking To: My Quilt Infatuation; Confessions of a Fabric Addict; Finished or Not Friday ; Sew Can She; Em’s Scrap Bag; BOM’s Away; Fiber Tuesday; Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHOW; Sew Fresh Quilts; Crazy Mom Quilts; Oh Scrap; Scrap Happy Saturday; Show and Tell Monday with Bambi; Slow Sunday Stitching Quilt Fabrication Mid Week Makers; Peacock Party Kevin