After completing my I Love Texas Quilt I do believe I suffered from quilt burnout! I only worked a little on my Indian Summer so nothing to show on that one. Then I decided to work on the 4th Block for Nesting. I finished one of the long stems and the next evening when I was ready to work on leaves I could not find the sandwich bag with the pieces for applique! What a hoot that was. I had the feeling that they were close at hand and finally after a couple of days I found the little baggie inside the recliner! So maybe this week I will make more progress on that block.
I then started work on the next border for Mountmellick. I did accomplish cutting out 4 border sides, marking them for the stems, and cutting out the hexagons (1/2″ hexies) for the border. This had to be very precise because of the placement of the stems and flowers AND the exact length to prevent problems when sewing it to the center! Di Ford used a lot of Broderie Perse (French for “Persian embroidery”) on this border, but I have decided to make 28 hexagon flowers (small babies) and forgo the BP. I have appliqued the stem on one of the 4 borders. I believe I cut out 168 hexagons. I have the template and PP from Paper Pieces which makes it a much faster way to cut them.
Status on catching up on quilting 5 flimsy’s. I think THINK I have found a long arm quilter to quilt 5 of my quilts with pantograms – that takes a lot off of me and only leaves me with the quilts to be hand quilted! Will check this out next week, so that eliminates some more work to catch up on.
I also dabble with knitting I am not near the knitter that Kathy Reeves is and others who Blog, but hope someday to become more proficient. I have been trying to make a dish rag with a basketweave pattern for the last year or so (see I do not do a lot of knitting) and failed. This time I went to a local (100 mile round trip) yarn shop and had about 30 minutes of assistance and came home and made the darn thing. This time I used a cotton thread – variegated – but it came out perfect. Now I am proud of this and will continue to practice my knitting with them and then move on to something better!
Yesterday I decided it was time to “wash fabric” time! I have some more fat quarters to wash and press, but have made a lot of progress on that goal also!
I have another week (9 days to be precise) to become more productive in meeting my monthly goals for April – Yup April is almost history for 2018! Sometimes when I push too hard and other issues are in the mix, I have to step back and get away from anything I just have to do and veg! It worked this time because I woke up today ready to get with the program and catch up on projects.
Have a great Sunday.
Linking To: My Quilt Infatuation; Confessions of a Fabric Addict; Finished or Not Friday ; Sew Can She; Em’s Scrap Bag; BOM’s Away; Fiber Tuesday; Esther’s Wednesday WOW; Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHOW; Sew Fresh Quilts; Crazy Mom Quilts; Oh Scrap; Scrap Happy Saturday; Show and Tell Monday with Bambi;