OK – Spring has arrived in South Texas, and waiting for those Spring Showers for the next few days… hope they arrive. This will be the shortest post I will ever write because to re-document all I went through last week would take up just too much time to read! But believe me when I say it was the week from @@@@.
Oh how we plan and organize our efforts, only to have Unforeseen Requirements (UFR’s) screw us up and I do hope Caremark goes out of business!!!!!
So since my last post of 17 Mar – (Think the Ides of March got me) – here are my accomplishments and disasters.
1. Hand Quilting on my Indian Summer Quilt (found the pattern). I have finished the block I was working on last week. I am pleased with my quilting.
I am now about 1/3rd through. It was the only thing that was relaxing last week!
2. Rainbow Regata loaded and ready to go! See that neat Cutting Board Clock on the wall? Well, Lori sent that to me! I love it! That was so sweet of you to think of me Lori and I enjoy it so much. Thank you!
Here it is after I quilted 2 rows…….
Here it is after the tension messed up and something was not making my HQ16 happy, but as you see I kept going for 2 rows and then it was RIP time! The batting and 2 backings are now in the land fill trash! You can fill in the blanks – enough said about this disaster!
3. Now on to the next show and tell and accomplishment. Isn’t this just the neatest iron? I found them on Amazon for $29.00 about 5 years ago when those expensive irons started spitting out black stuff on my quilts. This is a Continental Dry Iron and no automatic cut off. The first one I had quit working last week and of course, I had a backup.
I do believe it was just not my week because as I was working on my RSC 2018 Squared Away Block’s, I began to notice something black on the white fabric!. When I tried to clean the iron plate with traditional wax, it went through the pad I was using and of course messed up my ironing board cover! Whatever was happening with this puppy it was enough for me to shut down the Studio (on Saturday) and went into the Den to just sit and watch movies Saturday evening. My sweet Clay stayed and cleaned the iron plate and iron with Acetone. It is fine now, but not on Saturday!
4. Sunday morning I made me a new cover with some muslin for the ironing board! Now I do love this ironing station, no stooping, or problems ironing large pieces of fabric. I enjoyed doing this – no disaster here!
5. Finally after 6 days of @@@@ I finished something! My 3 blocks for RSC 2018 Squared Away. I was able to salvage them on Sunday as the black whatever came off with water. Whew!
Here is another view of the blocks.
I tried to write a funny post about my week, but then Mr Fibro came and that did it for the brain. I gave up and came in and now sitting in the Den relaxing! Hummmm, I wonder how my day will go tomorrow? Have a great evening and week! Mine has to be better than last week!