Happy New Year and hope all is going well for everyone. I plan on starting my New Year tomorrow (Saturday 6 Jan 2018). After losing another 3 weeks to the Flu (still coughing) now 2 days of R&R from the RF treatment yesterday (they cauterised the nerves in my back). Everything went well and I am hoping that I will begin to have more energy soon. I am getting so sick of R&R that I am surprised that my Recliner really lets me get out of it anymore. This is going to really be a big push tomorrow to start my walking again, but I am bound and determined to get back to where I was before the Flu got me! So my main goal for this month is to get healthy, lose some weight (10 pounds would be nice), and walk my 1.5 mile each morning!!!!! Hopefully by the end of the month I will be doing a lot better!
I worked on my Mini-Dresden’s earlier in the week and have 47 finished. I rechecked the pattern and I will be making 105 of the little mini’s and 16 of the larger Dresden’s. So this is now a January OMG project. I hope to complete the 105 in the next week and then there will be 105 Mini’s to hand appliqué to the background fabrics! I think I can make this goal of having the Mini’s sewn, but not appliquéd (that would be a miracle). I now have a process going when sewing them and can usually roll out about 5 to 6 a day! Doesn’t sound like much, but when you add in the stitching, trimming, and then pressing before one can be put together, I will be happy to have them completed by the 13th. This is what I accomplished this week on them. They are 3 1/2″.
I also am working on preparing Aunt Bea’s Parlor blocks – I cut out 20 each 10″ squares of muslin for the backing and 2 are ready for embroidery work. (Along with the other hand projects that are yelling at me to get with the program). For some reason (couldn’t be the 2 hand surgeries and the Flu) I just am worn out and do not feel like doing any hand work in the evening! This just has to change or I will just need to give up!
Sometimes we need to have a “mindless sewing project” and I have found one that Gretchen and Peggy are working on called Regatta designed by Block M Quilts. Very very simple quilt and Gretchen made hers in 2 days and Peggy has selected the fabrics. Since this one is made for a jelly roll, etc, I checked my stash and found some batik Bali Pops that did not have a home – so this is the fabric for my Regatta Quilt.
I plan to start working on this Saturday! If I can get these 3 things completed I will be a happy camper. I must get myself back on a stricter routine or I will never achieve any goal that I set. So tomorrow my 2018 will start – and my main resolution is to set goals and achieve them and totally ignore any UFR (Unforeseen Requirements) that will try to cause me to stray!
Have a great week-end.
Linking up with OMG