Ready or not – Spring is here and in South Texas I think a hot summer is right around the corner!
It has felt like a month since I did a post, but checking back, I am only 8 days behind my schedule – self-imposed of course – but enough to drive me to the brink of “oh no” another applique project!!!!
Earlier today I was reading a Blog and saw 2 of Karen Styles quilt patterns. I looked at Robin’s Nest and thought – “should I”, then a little birdie said – CHECK OUT THE PATTERN STASH – and there it was! Nestled in with Mrs Billings quilt pattern from Karen (heck I thought I had down away with Mrs Billings). My friend Jan and I talked yesterday and she reminded me that after an “unplanned” absence from quilting that she was working on the Dear Mrs Billings quilt again! Darn – There is no way I can start the Mrs. until at least mid 2017. But Robin’s Nest is a striking pattern. Isn’t it beautiful?
No, this is just a picture – I have not resorted to quilting 18 hours a day yet – need to talk with my hand doctor to see if he wants to add to his bank account! I will try to do this one next year also. (LOL) What a 71 year old dreamer I am today!!
Well, here we go with Ms Margaret Potts! Jaydee and I are working on this one together. We figure – what the heck – one block a month for 7 years? We can do that easy peasy (as Jaydee would say) – a no stress project – finally!! Anyone who is already a member of BAS is welcome to send me your pictures and each month I will post them on my Blog – if you are not a member of BAS and a dyed in the wool appliquer consider joining. Each month BAS provides the pattern for the Potts BOM as a way to reach out to the “far away” members to join in the fun.
I finally finished my blocks last night – or at least I thought I had. I revamped the basket on Block 32 and added some embroidery for Block 31. So here we go. I will start with Jaydee’s Blocks She is using a lot of Kona Cotton and pulling from her stash! We are now awaiting for the April Block which should be coming in the next week or so. (I am hoping for “or so”)
I started using my 1930’s fabrics, but quickly decided I did not like the fabric for needle turn applique, so I switched to some Kona’s. They are not my favorite, although I know that they are best used in the Baltimore Style Reproduction quilts. I finally settled for “let’s play with the stash” choice and now I am using whatever strikes me. In the first 4 blocks I have used a batik and a lot of Moda’s. These are fun and easy blocks. The finished size will be 8 or 8 1/2″ and the quilt is set On-Point. I took pictures on point – guess I should have done what Jaydee did, but now I am too lazy to retake the pictures today!
Well, now that WordPress and I have spent about 30 minutes trying to get these pictures downloaded, I have had all the fun I want for this posting!
I will be posting the CWB BOM group progress and my Stonefield’s progress on another post. Have a great day!